Monday, February 21, 2005

Ranting and Raving

So, today I started work at a long-term position today. It's with Agriliance (like you know who they are). Anyways, my job is basically going to be taking orders from warehouses and retail stores and placing the purchase orders into the system. Really, in my opinion, it all seems like a needless position and one that could be handled by computers. Of course the ordering process is muddled and confusing that only a human could keep most of it straight. Well, it's work. It doesn't really pay nearly enough, but it pays something. Plus the people there are pretty cool and it's fairly easy-going as well.
Emily and I are a little down lately, not just do to money though. We kinda were hoping to have a wedding, but it really doesn't seem like we'll be able to afford one. Of course by the time we could, few would care anymore because we would have been living together for so long. Just one of those things I guess.
Life's not all bad though. I'm doing well in school, and every time I go to class I'm reminded of how smart I actually am. It's one of the down sides of going to Carleton, being surround by so many smart people, you start to feel like you're not that smart. Which also has it good points, being you don't get an inflated head.
Oh, have you checked out the EBay contest going on? It's kinda like a scavenger hunt with clues and all. It won't be around much longer, like until the 23rd, but if you read this in time check it out.
I've got a Econ presentation about the European Union to give tomorrow, so I'm going to catch some sleep now.

No comments: