Thursday, April 18, 2013

Name of The Wind review


Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss is a great fantasy epic.  It's the first in a trilogy and takes place in a land where magic is exerted through the power of belief, basically if you believe hard enough a rock will float it does.  It's more technical than that, but the way it's handled adds a nice science flair to it.  The story follows a red haired man named Kvothe, who's quick witted and seems to quickly grasp anything put in front of him.  I really enjoyed the style of the writing, the author's voice if you will.  I think I would describe it as conversational storytelling.  It eases you into the world and keeps the pace steady, quickly moving from one interesting scene to the next.

I really fell into this story and if you like fantasy I highly recommend you give this one a read.


No comments: