Friday, May 16, 2008

Iron Man

I saw Iron Man the other day. And yes I am a big fan of comics and comic based movies, but I've never been a big fan of Iron Man. I don't hate the guy, I've just never really had any interest in him. The movie, though changed that, somewhat.

First off, it's a well-done fun movie. As is popular now, and for good reason, the movie focuses on the man behind the mask. This was a great way to take the movie, but that's where all the interesting parts are. Yes, I go to see explosions and special effects, but lets face it, most of them are shown on the preview so by the time I see it in the theaters, I've already seen the effect 8 times. Robert Downey Jr is superb in his fleshing out of Tony Stark, Jeff Bridges plays up the villain to almost-over-the-top perfection, and for the most part Gwyneth Paltrow displays Pepper Pots, the love interest, as a strong independent woman (at the end, for some reason, her character deteriorates into a dumb blond). Obviously I would recommend it. And for those comic book fans out there, be sure to stick around after the credits for an amazing surprise.

Bit of trivia for ya': I believe this is the first movie fully funded by Marvel's movie department, which might explain that care that went into it.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hey CJ. Good to see you again. Thanks for visiting my blog. I want to see pictures of you, so post 'em on your blog. I would visit your Myspace, but I have sworn off that site as completely useless. I noticed you're a fan of the Ender series. Did you know that Card actually wrote the Ultimate line of Iron Man comics? It's pretty good/okay/worth a read. Also, what's with the name of your blog? If anyone said anything before saying the name of your blog, it would sound like something that crossed the mind of Michael Jackson's monkey. "'I ought to check out CJ's blog' though Bubbles." Anyway. Mata Ne. ~Fox (the friend formerly known as Russ)

Unknown said...

I'm also on Facebook (way more then MySpace).

And the name is thoughT bubbles, as in comic strips and such.

I didn't know Card for the Iron Man series. I should check those out.