Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Crazy Busy

Man, my days have been busy. It’s crazy. Right now I have a full time job, a part time business, night classes, and a TV show editing project. That doesn’t even include any outings with friends or family, household chores, or trying to help plan for the wedding. Now do you see what I mean when I say I’m busy? I think this is just to make up for all that time I spent goofing off while growing up. Actually, I’m very thankful for having gone to Carleton, because it helped me learn about dealing with having to do so much. That’s one thing I noticed about Carleton: most people are very busy, and not with just classes. Those do take up a lot of time, but people have other obligations as well: jobs, clubs, parties, sports, etc. So while I do wish I was able to get more done, I don’t usually feel too frustrated or stressed out. Actually, I think the fact that I’m actually doing things and that our situation is improving has helped in that regard.

So Emily starting working at this little motel in Northfield. She got paid, like yesterday. It wasn’t much but it’s a HUGE help. She can’t understand the people she works for though. We could totally run that place better. If we had the money we would have loved to buy the place off of them and fix it up and get it working right. We’d fix up the front, repair some of their repairs, and replace the Laundromat with a decent pizza place. Actually, we have a lot of plans of things we would do or fix up in Northfield. It’s just right now we don’t really have the means to do such things. We will someday, just not right now.

At Agriliance, my full-time job, my boss, Nancy, seems to really like me and is thinking of hiring me. She’s left some not so subtle hints. It’s actually kind of exciting. I’d be paid more, get some benefits, and work in an environment I don’t despise. Cool, huh?

Oh, here’s something that’ll surprise a bunch of you. I cancelled our TV cable. I can no longer watch TV shows, unless I rent them. How crazy is that? Did you ever think that a day would come when I would give up TV? I bet you didn’t. Honestly, I don’t miss it too much. Don’t get me wrong, sometimes it would be nice to sit back and watch some shows, especially the Inferno, and Good Eats. But most of the time I’m not even home long enough to really watch anything before going to bed. Although, sometimes I would like to be a little less busy, so I could relax a little more and spend more time with Emily. I figure this crazy busy-ness is only temporary though, so I’m not too worried.

No comments: